People now prefer concrete floors and the main reason behind this is because of durability, easy cleaning, and of course, its sophisticated outlook. There is a variety/types of concrete floors but people prefer polished concrete floors due to its enhanced durability and elegant look.
You can install concrete floors in almost all areas of your home or business.
Concrete floors are different from wood or vinyl flooring, because you don’t need to clean so often. However, you need to clean it periodically to enhance its overall life and beauty. Typically, the concrete is not easily damaged compared to other type of flooring due to its durability. Nonetheless, if not cleaned and maintained properly, stains like grease and oil can cause severe problems by damaging your concrete floors.
So, it is very important to seal your concrete floors. There are some crucial factors that reflect the significance of sealing concrete floors:
- Stains like grease and oil can easily penetrate the concrete surface and have the strong ability to crack the floor. The approach of sealing prevents the stains and water from penetrating. Typically, concrete floors in the driveway are exposed to frequent stains, sealing decorative concrete driveways has the potential to secure/protect the finish, while minimizing the cost of maintenance.
- Proper sealing of your concrete floor prevents water and stains by repelling it and provides proper protection for the concrete. High Quality concrete sealers can last longer and provide complete protection of your floors, for a longer time period.
- Completely sealed concrete floors can protect your floor from strains, dust particles and other contamination which can cause serious exterior damages.
- Sealing the concrete floors also assists in protecting the floor from scratches and daylight exposure. Exposure to weather and the sun can also damage the color and radiance of the concrete surfaces.
- Concrete floors that are sealed have the strong potential to retain the floor’s attractiveness and service life for a long time, and you don’t need to maintain your floors frequently.
You have read some crucial factors reflecting the prominence of sealing concrete floors.
The following steps are needed before sealing your concrete floors:
- At first, you need to sweep the concrete floors to remove impurities, such as dust particles, mud, etc. To remove stains like grease and dense oil you need to use warm water along with specially formulated floor cleaners to perfectly wash the floor surface. Once this process is completed, you will have to rinse the surface to remove the remaining residue of cleaning solution.
- You will need to properly remove the existing paints or coating to get your desired results, if there is an existing sealer on the surface.
- You also need to properly saturate the floor surface and for this you will use water before acid etching.
Keep in mind, improper sealing due to bad quality sealing materials may not protect your concrete floor properly. Always contact professionally qualified and licensed sealing service provider, to properly complete the sealing process.